Monday, December 15, 2008

A Day of Firsts

Kristen and I finally took Emmy home yesterday afternoon. After three nights at the hospital, we both welcomed the chance to stretch our legs at the house. I really just couldn't wait to sleep on a real bed again. The bed I got at the hospital was much like a mat a child sleeps on at mother's day out or in kindergarten. No wonder kids don't like naps. I hated that thing. The Sansom clan welcomed Emmy home and Kathy stayed the night. This was GREAT! I got to sleep. Feeling great today! Mom crashed after I got up. Even in her sleep she is all about the baby, snoring loudly enough to provide vibration that soothed our new daughter as she slept.

After a few more cycles of sleep, poop, eat, it was time for Emmy's first bath at home. Now from previous posts and ultrasounds we were well aware that my daughter was a bit of an exhibitionist. Bath time only goes to prove that theory. Even in the dead of sleep, naked on a bath mat, my daughter took the time to let us know that she was indeed a girl. It seems I really am going to have to keep an eye on her.


Kathy is going home tonight to give Kristen and I go at it alone this evening. Another first. Wednesday, I go back to work and have to take my last final of the semester. I should perform great on that exam...real great...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Kristen is definitely a saint for allowing you to post that video of her! Good Luck on your final! Just show the prof Emmy pics and he will give you a 100 and send you home! Lol.

The Seelys said...

She is adorable! Congratulations! The snoring video is one of the funniest things I have ever seen!

Aunt Donna said...

Congratulations to you both on the birth of your precious Emerson! She's beautiful! Can't wait to meet her! Good luck on your final~