Tuesday, January 26, 2010

This is so worth it!

So I just had one of those "wow, this is so worth it moments" of motherhood and I had to share. At this point I've put so many hours of time into working with Emmy on shapes, letters, numbers, animals, and sounds. Since she doesn't talk a whole lot yet (it's coming), you don't get a lot of feedback on your efforts. You know you're doing good and you just have to trust it.

But we just pulled out her Baby Einstein book that the Boyers gave her for her birthday and I asked her "Emmy, where is the.....?". She can point out every single animal in the book by its' name and noise!!!!! She got the horse, cow, frog, sheep, pig, duck, bird, flowers(ok flowers don't have a sounds) and even the owl!! I had no idea that she could do this! All those months are worth it in one second!

This weekend she kept putting her hands abover her head and waving them when we were outside. I knew it was a sign, but I wasn't sure what she was trying to tell us. I asked her teacher today at school and she told me they learned the sign for airplane at school last week. She was already putting two and two together to tell us she saw an airplane in the sky!

It's so amazing to watch her grow and learn. I can't believe that just a year ago she couldn't even move around and now my little baby girl is so smart. It's just incredible!!!!!!!!!

No comments: