Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Taking Back the Playground

Since it was so nice out side (take that groundhog) Emmy and I trekked down the street to the rather lame "park" in our neighboorhood. I had another one of those " oh god, I'm turning into a mom (and not in a positive way)" moment.

I naively thought that playgrounds were for kids... turns out they're for high school (or junior high kids) to have really public really loud fights with their boyfriends on the cell phone and make out (I'm just going to call it making out because I don't want to think about what else they were doing.) This was at 4 o'clock in the afternoon!!! For God's sake, can't you wait until it's dark!!! (See, I told you... I'm getting old)

Well I decided that this was MY park and being that I'm old I can tell these kids what to do... yeah right! I didn't tell them to leave, but I did sic my baby on them. The lovebirds were nuzzled up in front of Emmy's favorite slide and she didn't take too kindly to that. She would climb up the stairs and stare at them. And I just let her =) After about ten to fifteen minutes of me and Emmy climbing up and down the stairs and singing if you're happy and you know it....the lovebirds gave up. Not exacltly conducive to " the mood"....

Yes, i DID snap a picture of them as they were leaving... VICTORY!!!!!!! and somewhere right now this girl is telling on of her friends how this old lady and her dumb baby ruined her romantic afternoon with her boyfriend... sigh.. At least they didn't tell me Sorry Ma'am as they were leaving. I probably would've just cried and gone home.

After Emmy and I high-fived our passive agressive victory over teenagers we took our sweet time climbing all over OUR park.. That and Emmy ate an awful lot of mulch....We may be de-worming soon...


She can pretty much do the entire "park" by herself now! (this is another tilt your head to the left video..yes I have a problem)


She's also been working on lots of animal noises and signs... She was doing the sign for Bird like crazy but I couldn't get it on tape. Enjoy the horse, cat, cow, and sheep!

No comments: