Sunday, December 11, 2011

Turkey Day and the lamest Black Friday yet

I'm sad to say that I took not one of the pictures on this post. Thank goodness that Laura and Sean got a new camera and brought it that day or his first Thanksgiving might've gone undocumented. So for the record, this is Beckett, naked, on his first Thanksgiving.










and here's the whole fam all snazzied up for Mom and Dad's Christmas Card pic. In a true miracle, this is the first and only shot we got before the little guy freaked out and said no more pics. We know how he feels about them!It was a Sansom year so we headed over to GiGi and Pops for the day. We hung out, I fed Beckett (this seems to take the majority of the day) and we looked through the ads. Emmy got a trampoline and scooter for her birthday so she jumped all day. She jumped while she ate, sang and jumped, jumped with baby dolls, you name it. When not jumping, she tested out the scooter. The concept is still just a little hard to nail down. Gigi and Emmy also made Pink Princess cupcakes that somehow ended up being Sean's birthday cupcakes. JUST what he always wanted!Blake headed out at 3 for the Aggie Game, which we won't speak of because it ended badly, and Laura and Sean headed out for Arkansas so that left me, GiGi, Pops, and the kids to hang out for the rest of the day. If you can't tell, I'm exhausted (see picture below) at this point. Beckett is still waking up every two or three hours at night and Emmy is waking up the hours that Beckett isn't. Thank goodness for grandparents and the chance to take a nap!






Blake did some early morning/late night shopping on the way back to Humble, but that was about as exciting as our Black Friday got. Mom and I went to Kohls and Target at 11. Two stores and we were done. Blake and I went to see a movie and then we barely squeaked in our traditional Black Friday Mexican food before the kids were DONE. I realized that I'm at the point in my life where sleep is more important than just about anything. I wasn't trading the two hours that I'm getting for a less than stellar deal on a tv I don't really need. (how mature of me!) There's always next year!

No comments: