Saturday, May 05, 2012

Another milestone


We started off the morning like any other morning, bottle for Becks, milk for Emmy, coke for me... and then Emmy decided to take a flying leap off the couch and roll RIGHT on top of Blake's laptop bag. In typical Emmy fashion, she shook it off and started playing again. I was debating back and forth if I should take her to the hospital when the new Nanny, Bertha came for the day, the look on her face told me I should go ahead and just go.

We spent the morning at Texas Children's. Emmy thought it was awesome because she got to watch cartoons for three hours. They had to numb her head , and she was ok with that.


 But then they had to clean it out. UGH!!!! They wrapped her in a blanket and I had to hold her down while she screamed "Mommy! Mommy!" She was shaking like crazy by the time they finished. NOT one of the best Mommy moments. Thankfully, popsicles can cure just about anything.
We ended up with just the glue! I don't think I could've handled stitches. We can mark hospital visit off our list of firsts. At least it was just a minor booboo.....

No comments: