Monday, June 11, 2012

The end of soccer (thank goodness!)

Last weekend brought the LAST soccer game for The Outlaws, and we all said Thank you Jesus. It's been fun to watch her grow into a little player, but it's tough to get up and out the door every Saturday. (Wah,wah I know) She did so well last week that I was hoping we could finish strong. Some lovely person had the idea to do a DOUBLE HEADER for the last game AND it was seriously about 90 degrees by 10 o'clock. Let's just say that maybe we peaked too early. She was on the field all of both games. I will give her that. The problem was that Kepler was on a role and seriously scored about 15 goals a game. That didn't leave a lot of ball time for anyone else, but honestly she wasn't that interested =)

I also found out that the other teams were mixed 3-5 year olds. That explains a LOT. I kept wondering why the other teams had kids that were a foot taller than Emmy, who is a foot taller than the rest of her team. Our team was all young threes. After our brutal double header, we headed over to the "Trophy ceremony." They need a little work on their ceremonies. Here's Coach Brad giving Emmy her trophy.She was also awarded the Most Improved Player!
 
And I really love this picture because it pretty much sums up her attitude about all of it. 



We finished up the season with one almost win =) But amazingly I asked Emmy this weekend if she wanted to dance again next year and she told me , no... I want to play soccer on the field. Huh?

No comments: