Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Clara's little birdie shower

Clara is almost here! Laura and Sean have been living with us for a little while, so we had to kick her out of the house for a little while to get ready. We based the shower theme off of her pottery barn bedding, which has little birdies as an accent. I have been dying to try poof balls, as I call them, and I think I'm done =) They are a lot of work, but they SURE do look cute don't they? Here's the spread,



including tea cakes, tortellini pesto skewers, mini hummus shooters, chocolate filled strawberries, and this guy . That's right, my aunt is crazy and made a fruit baby!




As guests arrived the left their thumbprint for a tree for Clara's room.
We also gave everyone a birdseed ornament and a Princess Clara tea cake for their favor. 

 All the guests brought a book for Clara, and Laura received so many nice things!

 I thought I'd also take a picture of the next to last rocking chair. That's right. After Laura's kids are done I'm hanging up my paintbrush (for rocking chairs at least.)
It was so  glad to do this for my sister. I can't explain how excited I am for her to be become a mother and for me to become an aunt again! Clara we can't wait to meet you!

2 comments:

Shannon Boyer said...

Can I pay you to make one for Trystan???? Please!!!!

I made poof balls for Brayden's party this weekend- I agree- I'm buying them next time- they worked better than my homemade ones :)

The Vacek's said...

lol- it'd have to be a LOT!!! I just don't have it in me to paint until 2 in the morning anymore! Must be getting old!