Sunday, September 02, 2012

SUPER B and E!

Brayden Boyer had a superhero party this weekend and we were supposed to dress up as superheros. I had grand designs of making adorable superhero capes and went and bought all this fabric. In my head I think I can sew, like it's as easy as just whipping out the machine and hemming the edges. That's not quite the reality. So I borrowed Emmy a cape from a friend and made some wrist and headbands with a few leftover sticky velcros, and I got the dress from Target for 4 bucks. AND what kind of superhero doesn't have a cast? It's her supercast (and it matches!). I actually went the iron on route for Becks and I was so proud of the cape. I was finished when I noticed one corner of the lightning bolt was coming up.  I decided to iron it back down and  burnt a giant hole in it!!! We just ironed another little star over that. So all of this to say that these are some SUPER janky superhero costumes, but for the cheap-o route, they look pretty freaking cute!



I of course, made them stand outside trying to take a picture together in SOME kind of super hero pose until it wasn't fun anymore (distressed B!)

and B decided to trip on his cape on the way inside. We got to go to the superhero party with a giant super swollen egg on his forehead. I'm pretty sure everyone at the party was JUST about to call CPS on my crippled children.


We had a great time at the party! And Emmy has been a superhero a couple days this week, so these "outfits" might be getting some good use after all!

1 comment:

Shannon Boyer said...

They were ADORABLE! Thanks for coming!