Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Peanut

Yes, it looks as if the blog is going to take a permanent turn. No longer hopping across the Atlantic or weekends in Napa or New Year's in New York, Kristen and I are having a little girl. It feels a little like the Mastercard commercial where the couple changes choice of cards for each passing phase of their lives. I believe I am leaving "Continental OnePass" Mastercard phase and entering "Disney" Mastercard phase. At least I have many buddies willing to offer me guidance on how things are done when a little girl becomes a key part of your life. When you get to our age it seems that everyone is either pregnant for the first, second or third time or is thinking about having children or actively trying to become pregnant. Its a weird, but great, phase of life. The video above is the ultrasound we saw when we found out that (and I am sorry for this next part), according to a co-worker of mine, Kristen and I did not "put the stem on the apple". Please forward the video to the 2:30-2:50 time segment for a more concrete confirmation.

For those of you wondering, Kristen is doing great! More tired than usual, but not sick. She likes to comment on her ever-changing shape. I think she is beautiful! I am so proud of her. I am blessed to have such a strong woman carry our child. How am I doing you are asking...or not...oh well whatever...

So I hope that those of you that enjoyed the travel blog will continue to read our story as it evolves. Who knows, we may make it somewhere else special not too long after the little one arrives, but for now our online haven will be dedicated to our impending kiddo! She will be here before we know it!

1 comment:

Michelle LaRue said...

I love it! You both are such fantastic writers, and I really enjoy reading about your lives. The next few months will bring many more blog entries that I can't wait to read!