Thursday, December 29, 2011

It's finally Christmas!

Because it has been so absolutely nuts, we asked to have Christmas at our house. I think everyone has grand visions of what Christmas at their house for the first time will look like. This didn't look like that. I'd love to have the house all decorated, cookies baking, a gorgeous table with fine china and creative place settings. Yeah, we had nothing. I pretty much had a breakdown the night before because my gifts didn't even have bows on them. That and Emmy and I had a massive cold. Emmy told Caroline when we were at her house" oooo- I have one of those (stockings) at GiGi's house." Yes, my poor daughter didn't even have a stocking for Santa to fill. It's always been difficult with her birthday being at the first of December, so I decided that next year, it's all going up the weekend before Thanksgiving. It WILL happen!






















We had take out lasagna on paper plates and spent our time cooking appetizers and deserts, which is what we really like anyway, and you know what, it was ok. We are a pretty blessed (and cute when we try to be!) Mom and Dad spent the night and watched Emmy with Santa. She was a tad overwhelmed. I think she was confused why we were all sitting there waiting for her to do something and videoing her and why GiGi and Pops were there too. There was no jumping up and down, but she was impressed that he ate the cookies she left out for him and Rudolph. Poor Beckett pretty much slept through Christmas and woke up late to check out his haul.


The next day we had an out-of-control Vacek Christmas (or Christmas as normal) at Megan and Keiths. The kids went nuts and opened all their gifts and the adults lagged a little. (Megan still has two unopened ones at her house two weeks later!) Emmy might have had more fun passing out gifts than actually opening them. She loves to organize and that was right up her alley.



One of the best things about Christmas this year was Emmy learning all the Christmas songs. She had the BEST time learning them all and couldn't get enough of them on the radio. She still wants to listen to them now. We're having to do a slow phase out. These are two of her favorites.






I am pooped, and I'm hoping that after all the holidays and coming out of the "first 3 month tunnel " that a new baby brings, I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. Get ready new Year, I'm coming!

No comments: